My Photo
Name:
Location: Portugal

"Whether it be the Soul itself, or God in the Soul, that shines by Lov, or both, it is difficult to tell: but certainly the Lov of the Soul is the sweetest Thing in the world." (Thomas Traherne, Centuries 4:83).

Monday, March 16, 2009

5. almost mad with Extasie


"A seara era trigo radioso e imortal que jamais seria colhido nem nunca fora semeado. Eu pensava que ali estivera desde sempre e para sempre. A poeira e as pedras eram coisas tão preciosas como o ouro. As portas da cidade eram a princípio o limite do mundo. As árvores verdes, quando pela primeira vez as vi através de um dos portões, arrebataram-me e deslumbraram-me; a sua doçura e invulgar beleza fizeram-me saltar o coração, e quase louco de êxtase, eram coisas tão estranhas e maravilhosas: os homens!"


The Corn was Orient and Immortal Wheat, which never should be reaped, nor was ever sown. I thought it had stood from everlasting to everlasting. The Dust and Stones were as Precious as GOLD. The Gates were at first the End of the World, The Green Trees when I saw them first through one of the Gates Transported and Ravished me; their Sweetnes and unusual Beauty made my Heart to leap, and almost mad with Extasie, they were such strange and Wonderfull Thing: The Men!

(N.B. A imagem aqui colocada foi colhida da net)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home