My Photo
Name:
Location: Portugal

"Whether it be the Soul itself, or God in the Soul, that shines by Lov, or both, it is difficult to tell: but certainly the Lov of the Soul is the sweetest Thing in the world." (Thomas Traherne, Centuries 4:83).

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

One Golden Stream, one Spring, one only End

In that fair World one only was the Friend,
One Golden Stream, one Spring, one only End.
(“Silence”, vs 63-64)



His Gifts, and my Possessions, both our Treasures;
He mine, and I the Ocean of his Pleasures.
He was an Ocean of Delights from Whom
The Living Springs and Golden Streams did com:
My Bosom was an Ocean into which
They all did run. And me they did enrich.
(“Silence”, vs 69-74)

Trad.
Nesse mundo tão belo um só era o Amigo,
uma a dourada corrente, uma a nascente, um só o Fim.
O que Ele me dava e o que eu possuía tesouros eram nossos;
Ele o meu e eu o oceano dos Seus gozos.
Ele era um oceano de deleites de quem
vinham as vivas nascentes e as douradas correntes:
o meu seio um oceano para onde todas corriam.
E a mim me enriqueciam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home